Tuesday 3 January 2017

A step backwards is still a step



Sure it might not be necessarily in the right direction but right now I am telling myself that it is better than nothing. Which may well actually be the current theme of the week.

It has just gone three thirty in the afternoon. In approximately one hour I need to be walking out the door to go to work. Before that can happen there is a list longer than my arm of things that needs to be done. Things that I have been trying to get to all day long but yet have just not made it. Super non exciting things like folding the washing that has engulfed the couch and cooking dinner and vacuuming and more bullshit along the same lines.

Why am I telling you all of this? To justify the crapiness of this post. After yesterday's, which granted wasn't fantastic, but at least had something, today's effort very much feels like a step backwards. But at least it is step right? More than anything I don't want to stay stationary. I want to keep moving, ideally forward but right now, for today, as long as I am making movement nothing else matters.

I had wanted to talk about signs today. This morning I came across this very old post from February 2008.  I'm still not very good at reading my signs somedays.  Actually maybe I am but for some reason unbeknownst to me I choose to ignore them. I'll add it to the never ending list of things to work on.

all the sighs

For now though I really must got sort the kitchen and organise some food to feed the masses with at dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment